Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Green Christmas

I tried really hard this year to be green about my gift giving. I began collecting baskets from thrift stores 3 months ago, man I had a lot of baskets! I filled them with green cleaners and cookies! I made 3:1 vinegar/water solutions with just a splash of orange or lemon essential oils and filled spray bottles that I got from the 1$ store. This makes an excellent all purpose cleaner for countertops and even mirrors and windows. I also took baby food jars and hammered holes in the top of the lid then filled them with baking soda, making green cleaning scrub. I also rooted spider plant cuttings from grandpa Cook's spiderplant and then planted them in cute little pots. This was a fun and useful gift that I think everyone appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly impressed with your gift giving ideas and the outcome. Way to go, green mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your post over on Mothering and I just had to check out your baskets.

    I love how you added spider plants to the baskets. What could be more green than a living plant?

    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete